Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reading and Blogging Resolutions for 2012!

Wow! Another year is coming to a close and another year full of reading is about to begin!  And after  intending to pull together a set of reading and blogging goals for several years, I am finally doing it.    

1.) My basic reading goal for the year is to read at least 150 books this coming year.  After fiddling with my Goodreads record to figure out a more accurate count of my reading for 2011, I estimated that I read approximately 130 books this year.  So I'm aiming just a little higher for 2012.

2.)  I also plan to participate in the 2012 Debut Author Challenge (run by the lovely blogger Story Siren--more info HERE).  I tried to join this challenge very late in the year in 2009 and managed to finish about 6 debut novels (half of the minimum challenge goal of 12 books).  But since I am joining at the beginning of the year this time, I hope to meet (and maybe surpass) that minimum goal.

3.)  Inspired by a goal on the amazing blogger and librarian Abby the Librarian's 2012 Reading Resolutions post, I want to read at least 20 non-YA books this year, including adult fiction and nonfiction.

4.)  I aim to listen to more novels via audiobook format in 2012 as well, especially because my local DC public library system has a great selection.

5.)  I (again) aim to update my blog at least once a week but I also aim to remain generally relaxed about blogging and not put too much pressure on myself if I get behind.  

6.)  I also hope to keep diversifying the content on the blog, adding more baking posts and more posts about library programming and other librarian-related topics in addition to my reviews.

What are your reading resolutions for 2012?

Happy New Year and Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment