Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge

Holy smokes blog-world! Two posts in one day! It's a miracle. Which will likely never happen again. But for now I bask in my momentary sense of accomplishment.

So I am blogging again today because I’m joining yet another challenge extremely late. But I’m going try my darndest to complete it anyway! This challenge is the
2010 Debut Author Challenge hosted by awesome YA book blogger Story Siren! The general guidelines are:

-read at least 12 Young Adult or Middle Grade novels from debut authors (note: these authors may have published adult or children’s books before but these must their first YA or MG novels)

-all are welcome to join in, including non-bloggers

-the challenge runs from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010

-the novels should be debuting in 2010

So I’m going to do my best to read at least 12 debut novels in the next few months before the deadline hits! Getting a hold of the books might be a tricky sometimes but I am moving to Pittsburgh in a few weeks for grad school and their awesome public library system should help me out in that part of the mission. Below is my list. I would love to get through all of them by December 31, 2010 but there’s a strong possibility that will not happen. But I will read at least a dozen of these awesome, exciting new books! YAY! I love new books.

Before I Fall
by Lauren Oliver

Brightly Woven
by Alexandra Bracken
 
Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
by Morgan Matson

A Love Story: Starring My Dead Best Friend
by Emily Horner

Boys, Wolves, and Other Things That Might Kill Me
by Kristen Chandler

Three Rivers Rising
by Jame Richards

The Mockingbirds
by Daisy Whitney

Deception
by Lee Nichols

Sea
by Heidi R. Kling

The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin
by Josh Berk

Happyface
by Stephen Emond

Crossing
by Andrew Xia Fukuda
No and Me by Delphine de Vigan
Tell Me A Secret
by Holly Cupala

YOU
by Charles Benoit


Thanks again to Story Siren for hosting this great challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment