Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GLBT Reading Challenge 2010

So since I’m new to this whole blogging thing, I’m also new to the idea of online reading challenges. I can’t believe the fun I’ve been missing out on! So I’m going to be jumping onto two 2010 challenges very late in the game this week in an attempt to get into the swing and so be ready to go all out next year. The first challenge I’m joining is the GLBT Challenge 2010.


The Challenge is located at the Blog That Dare Not Speak Its Name, which was developed specifically to house this challenge and accompanying informational posts and mini-challenges by Amanda of The Zen Leaf. The challenge began in January 2010 and runs through December 2010. It also has three levels of participation:

-Lambda Level: Read 4 books.

-Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.

-Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.

Also, overlap with other reading challenges is acceptable.


Because I’m entering late, I’m going to aim at the Pink Triangle Level of 8 books. Because I’m not required to post a list when I begin the challenge, I’m just going to jot down some possibilities here; I promise to post a final list at the end as well as keep track as I go along!


I coincidentally just completed a great YA book with GLBT themes and characters and so it will be my first review for this challenge. Look out for a review of Maureen Johnson’s The Bermudez Triangle likely tomorrow to start this challenge off!


Other Possibilities includes:


Ash by Malinda Lo

Keeping You A Secret by Julie Anne Peters

The God Box by Alex Sanchez

Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger

Another Kind of Cowboy by Susan Juby

Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters

Sprout by Dale Peck


More suggestions are welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment