Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Write!

So I was browsing around on Twitter the other day and I noticed that the authoress of that awesome blog Abby (the) Librarian had tweeted about the amazing YA author Laurie Halse Anderson’s Write Fifteen Minutes A Day challenge. Intrigued, I followed the links to Ms. Anderson’s cool website/blog to find out more. Here’s what I found out: WFMAD is this fun writing challenge in which you commit to write 15 minutes every day for the month of August. You can write fiction or journal entries or blog; you just need to write for 15 minutes every day. I still felt unsure about attempting this challenge when August 1st dawned. But then I opened up Abby (the) Librarian’s blog and she had written a short but encouraging post about her own first fifteen minutes of writing. So I’ve decided to make an attempt! I wrote yesterday about one of my favorite children’s books, Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney. Today Laurie has posted a great prompt here on her blog. She also says it’s not too late to join in! Think about it! Is anyone else participating in this cool project? What are you writing about?

No comments:

Post a Comment